Wednesday, August 17, 2011

School Frenzy







Although I completed a lot of prep work for teaching over the summer, my before school to-do list never seems to end (or even get any shorter....). Last week I focused on setting up my classroom. Since a fifth grade teacher that retired a couple years ago left resource books, children's books, posters, and more for me, I had a LOT of organizing to do before I even started decorating. I definitely appreciated all of the free materials though! Here are some pictures of my classroom. (Please ignore the fact that they are all over the place--I don't have time to figure out how to fix them!)


So far this week I've met many nice teachers, attended two days of a small group reading class, completed one day of orientation, "toured" Prairie City and Monroe, had my first Goldie's experience (They supposedly have the best pork tenderloin in Iowa although I must admit I just had grilled chicken and ice cream--yum!), worked out on a summit trainer (the first machine I've found that is more tiring than running!), filled out more forms than I care to count, and spent one million hours getting ready for school. Only one more week until the kids come, and I start teaching! I can't wait! :)

4 comments:

  1. Aww, Krista your room is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your classroom is just darling! I would have loved to have you as my teacher (especially because the only teacher I ever actually hated was my fifth grade one ugh)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Krista! Where did you get those plastic crates?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Abbey--I got the crates at the Dollar Tree. They're the perfect size, and the price was definitely right! :)

    ReplyDelete